Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Even Better Pudding ;)

Today while I was at work, I had a slightly overripe banana and a cooked sweet potato.  I decided to mash them together and see if my toddler would eat it.  He wouldn't.  I knew it was a texture issue.

When I got home, I got one of our peeled and frozen bananas out of the freezer, I nuked a sweet potato, and I blended them in the blender one for one.

I added a little almond milk to get it going in the blender, and voila, there was pudding.  It was delicious.  Oh and yes, the little man did eat it all up.


Just to brag a little... there is no added sugar or sweetener to this combination.  The only sugar was the sugar in the almond milk.  Normally I have unsweetened almond milk but this time it had a little cane sugar in it.  Honestly, I don't think it needs any extra sweetener at all.  I just used whatever milk I had on hand.

This new discovery is a joy to me because I can't really have pudding.  I am allergic to milk and all gluten, so it can be difficult to find pudding mix with no milk and no gluten.  I have found some with no milk and no gluten but then it has soy, which is another downer on my "can't have" list.

All natural and delicious!

2 comments: