Thursday, May 31, 2012

Smoothies

I just want to take a moment to share about the wonderment of the blender.

With this wonderful appliance I pulvarize food into a liquid and mix it all together so that my son will consume it.

I will often mix strawberries, blueberries, bananas, spinach,  carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and most importantly, water.
 
My very picky son will drink it down and ask for more.

I will sometimes add almond milk, or coconut kiefer, or a little elderberry if I think we need antiviral.

It makes me feel good knowing I can get my two year old to consume something green.

Certainly one should research the topic and as with any dietary and nutritional considerations use caution...there is such a thing as too many greens and variety is essential when consuming them... It would be wise to consult your doctor too.

I believe there is much benefit to consuming a well balanced diet.  Too much of one thing can cause trouble.

Some things I have done with my smoothies:

I froze them into popsicles
I sometimes mix them with rice cereal or oat meal for my son.
I have even made it into a sauce and poured it over rice.

We have even shared the popsicles with the neighborhood kids and they really liked them...untill I mention that there might be veggies in them.   Best not to mention it...they consumed more than half before I told them.  Ah Kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment