Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day!

Yesterday I freecycled a blood pressure monitor and I got a coffee pot for free from freecycle. When I need something I look for it on freecycle, ecycle, or on craigslist free first.  That way I take something that someone doesn't need and fulfill my need at the same time.

I was recently cast in a film: "Doomsdays, shooting in Kingston."  Wayne and I play a couple who come to our vacation home and find creepy squatters in our house, LOL.

It is a low budget indie film and they were looking for donations for their crew house.  I had just cleaned out all the plastic and teflon in our kitchen and replaced it with corning ware, and cast iron.   I gave the film crew a giant electric grill, plastic bowls, a set of dishes, a whole set of teflon cookware, and a coffee maker.   They needed all of it.  I needed to get rid of it.  Such a wonderful relationship.

In honor of Earthday, Wayne went to a big dumpster down the road and got some wood.  He built a birdhouse. :)

Please think of ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.  Not just today, but everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment